The women’s Bible study group at my church had a potluck today and after much consideration, I went with the Thai chicken lettuce wraps. It’s quick and easy, tastes really good and is healthy and nutritious. I used a recipe from one of the foodies on foodbuzz, Kathy from Vegas. (sorry your link’s not working).
- 3 boneless chicken breasts (grounded)
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- small can of diced water chestnuts
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely minced lemongrass
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
I used Bibb lettuce, grated carrot, basil and cilantro for garnish.
The only ingredients I left out of Kathy’s recipe is the fish sauce, and I used regular onion instead of green onions.
- Heat oil in pan and add the ginger and garlic, sauté for 1 minute
- Stir in the chicken and cook until done
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients and saute an additional 2 minutes (except the lettuce, carrot, basil, and cilantro)
- Let the chicken cool off a bit, then serve a tablespoon or two of chicken on each lettuce leaf. Garnish it with the grated carrot, basil, and cilantro. Roll it like a taco AND….VERY IMPORTANT, serve with Thai sweet chili sauce. That sauce could become my new addiction 🙂
There were at least 3 or 4 different kinds of quiches and lots of other goodies there….check it out.
Everything was delish and great fellowship.
Eat well, live long and enjoy a potluck! WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE DISH TO MAKE FOR A POTLUCK DINNER?